STM Philosophy & Mission Statements
At St. Thomas More Catholic School we encourage students to recognize the inner beauty of the individual and stress the importance of accepting and viewing people as they are seen in the eyes of God. In a climate of prayer and worship and as a member of the Catholic faith community, we strive to look to the beauty of the past and the hope of the future.
We strive to create an environment that enables students to grow spiritually, academically, socially, and physically. We are committed to the values of Catholic education and the goal of bringing each student to the fullest potential through religious training, academics, service and moral development.
The integration of religious truths and values with the rest of life is brought about
in the Catholic school not only by the unique curriculum, but more important, by the presence of teachers who express an integrated approach to learning and living
in their private lives and professional lives.
• That all children must feel safe and protected in order to learn at school.
• That children are the community’s greatest asset and hope for the future.
• That the school community should embrace and nurture individual difference.
• That the school community should seek and uphold common ground within the community.
• That every child can learn given the correct environment.
• That children have differing talents and skills that educators should nurture and expand.
• That a child’s feeling of self-worth is directly proportional to his/her success.
• That mental, physical and social health are interrelated.
• That educators’ instructional techniques should promote life-long learning.